Analyzing the Modern World Roundtable Research Project
Research #1: Learning about your assigned country
1. What is the form of government for the country?
2. Create a definition for the form of government (in your own words), using this link
Jordans government is guided by a constitution where the ruling monarchs rights and responsibilities are written in law and custom.
3. What is the name of the leader of the country?
King ABDALLAH II
4. What is the population of the country?
5. What ethnic groups live in the country? Include the percentages for each.
98% Arab, 1% Circassia and 1% Arminian
6. What religions are practiced in the country? Include the percentages for each.
92% Sunni, 6% Christian and 2% other
7. What languages are spoken in the country? Include the percentages for each.
Arabic and very little English
8. How many barrels of oil does the country produce each day? What is the world ranking?
20 billion barrels a day and ranking is 51
9. How many barrels of oil of proven reserves does the country have? What is the world ranking?
1 million bbl and raking is 98
10. Who are the import partners for the country?
Saudi Arabia 22.1%, China 9.8%, US 6.4%, Italy 5.1%, Germany 4.5%
11. What are the main commodities imported?
crude oil, machinery, transport equipment, iron, cereals
12. Who are the main export partners for the country?
US 15.4%, Iraq 15%, India 12.9%, Saudi Arabia 9.4%, Lebanon 4.4%
13. What are the main commodities exported?
clothing, fertilizers, potash, phosphates, vegetables, pharmaceuticals